- Boracay is one of the most beautiful small islands in Philippines. It is situated in the northern part of Aklan province in the Visayan region. The 3 kilometre long white fine sand beach, crystal clear water and the romantic colourful sunset have made the place becoming one of the most spectacular destination for the beach lovers and scuba divers.
- There are around twenty dive shops scattering along the breach front and offering very competitive price for scuba diving services. Although the island is small, it provides good diving spots for the discover scuba , novice and experienced divers. Shore dives are easily accessible from the resort areas. However some of the best diving sites require a short boat trip. Channel drifting is one of the event that the experienced diver should not miss. The sites in Laurel Island offer a selection of sponges, corals and small colourful marine creatures. It is a macro heaven for the keen photographers.
More marine life can be found at Punta Bunga drop off. where schools of surgeons, sweetlips, tuna and sharks can be easily found. For the beginners, Friday's rock is a good place to start as it is shallow and abundant with fishes and coral.
- Other sports such as fishing, horse riding, island hopping, jet ski, water ski, windsurfing and motorbike riding are available at a reasonable price.
- Food and accommodation again is at a very affordable cost and with numerous choices available for your selection. Boracay is the place where you can get most out of it for a long period without worrying too much on your budget.
- The peak season in Boracay is from November to January. Long weekends are also very busy through out the year. The best visibility is from April to August.
- The increased number of domestic flights from Manila to Caticlan provide a even more convenient way to explore this tropical paradise. Same day arrival connection is possible for departure from Hong Kong.
List of dive shops in Boracay
p.s. Photos by Mr Leslie CHAN